Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few questions (start menu, scrollbar, caption buttons)  (Read 10376 times)
satukoro
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« on: December 05, 2008, 03:20:10 am »

1: As you see in the picture, I need to remove the space left over from 'disable user picture' in order to make this look correct.

2: For some reason, the horizontal scrollbar shows up black instead of the image that should be there.

3: I need to make the caption buttons larger without making the taskbar larger. (as whenever I change the caption button size, the taskbar, headers, etc, also get larger... which is bad.)

Thanks in advance  :D
sweatyfish
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 05:36:49 am »

1. This may help http://http://www.vistastylebuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68

2. If it shows up correctly other than that preview box (like in Explorer or Firefox, ect.) I wouldn't stress it. That same exact spot in the Control Preview shows up glitchy for me also, but works fine in windows.

3. No idea.
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 08:25:54 am »

1.  You can bring it down in faux fashion by making that area transparent (both proglist and placeslist), and redrawing that top border right before the transparent area starts.  Then you will need to bring down the proglist by adjusting the top position of the proglist's content margin.  The placeslist should be in the same spot and there won't be any visible gaps there once you make the changes.  The only problem with this is that bringing the taskbar to the top will show the area you made transparent -- there will be a transparent gap between the Start button and the menu, because both 'Top' and 'Bottom' in Aero shares the same resources.

I can't answer the others, sorry.  Vista is a b*tch to theme because of its irregular and inconsistency.   Smiley
satukoro
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 05:16:06 pm »

Ok, I fixed the start menu.
You can change the height of 'Start > StartMenu > Panels > Basic > UserPane' to whatever you need and it'll push down or bring up places list content.
-
So, now I just need caption buttons and scrollbar.
satukoro
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 10:35:55 pm »

Alright, fixed the caption buttons, I only needed to change caption height, not width.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: