Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Menu_PopUpItemImage (bug?)  (Read 12722 times)
Pychon
Beginner

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2009, 04:48:58 am »

May have located a bug. Interesting really, if I replace PopUpItem image with my modified file, only modifications made to it were adding edges, colors are the same. The file displays a gray hue. If I replace the file with resource tuner it displays as it should, but messes up the alignment and corrupts the image, displaying the "white" background. If I replace that same file with the original file from Aero 980 it displays fine, same colors, no modifications. 

Original 980 (Menu_PopUpItemImage)

replaced file with WSB, displays as:

Modified (Menu_PopUpItemImage)

replaced file with resource tuner, displays as:

replaced file with WSB, displays as:
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 06:44:55 am »

It's because it's been double alpha fixed. Causing it to look dark.
Pychon
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 10:33:04 am »

It's because it's been double alpha fixed. Causing it to look dark.

Please explain how its double alpha fixed?

« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 10:49:54 am by Pychon » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 07:28:47 pm »

Please explain how its double alpha fixed?

Takes to long to explain. Hold shift when you import an exported image. (Shift+Import)
Pychon
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 10:16:23 am »

I'm not exporting any images from VSB to modify them. I always use Resource Tuner to do that and never had problems with any image BUT the PopUpItem (Menu_PopUpItemImage).

Created another video.. displays exactly what you told me, also the ORIGINAL PopUpItem
http://www.screentoaster.com/watch/stVk5dR0ZIR1xWRFVZWlJeVVVc/shift_export_import

Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 10:59:45 pm »

I'm not exporting any images from VSB to modify them. I always use Resource Tuner to do that and never had problems with any image BUT the PopUpItem (Menu_PopUpItemImage).

Created another video.. displays exactly what you told me, also the ORIGINAL PopUpItem
http://www.screentoaster.com/watch/stVk5dR0ZIR1xWRFVZWlJeVVVc/shift_export_import

In your video you did exactly what I said you did. You imported it without holding shift so it tried to fix it again causing it to get dark. Hold shift when you import an exported image. Whether it be from VSB or Resource Tuner or whatever. It's exported the same way.
Pychon
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 12:45:41 am »

PM'd... something is corrupted then, perhaps its my installation of Windows7.  I haven't tried it on my XP box, i'll give that a shot.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 01:11:33 am »

No you didn't import right. I watched the video.
Pychon
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 10:42:37 am »

No you didn't import right. I watched the video.

really starting to annoy me. then tell me why every image i created and imported works fine, BUT this. I've been polite with you so far and PM'd you and you can't seem to elaborate to what is going on, but sit there and tell me I didn't import it right. The video CLEARLY displays what you requested me to attempt, and several methods of exporting and importing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: