Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vista Raw (Requesting Port to Windows 7)  (Read 11178 times)
Pychon
Beginner

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2009, 07:55:07 am »

Old version of a Vista corner I modified... I've been working on a W7 version, but can't seem to find the time. Most the images are redone, but the corners still need some work (very noticeable gap). Also, the image for the context menu is off color or size. If you feel like you can modify it, please do, but keep the original contents and no additions. I dont like the "round" corners in these new windows themes.

notice the gap in the corner...
(inactive window)

notice the gap in the corner...
(active window)

corner should look like this... working FINAL Vista copy

WMP tab image... most images that were rounded have corners... same as the vista version

RAR includes the modified Vista Style (Aero msstyle/theme) and modified images and stream (psd/png) for Windows 7...

The file is a WORKING Vista Msstyle. If you like it rename the theme and msstyle or replace the default.
http://rapidshare.com/files/303055842/Aero_S2.rar

Windows 7 MSSTYLE I've been working with... if you apply it, you'll notice the context menu is bugged and the corners still need work.
File includes the W7 images (PSD and PNG) that I included in the Vista version, however, this is the Windows 7 msstyle.
http://www.fileshost.com/download.php?id=73E625901

Updated W7 msstyle... previous one I uploaded was incorrect
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 09:59:04 am by Pychon » Logged
bhast2
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 03:17:25 pm »

I see the problem with the corners and when I get a chance I will fix them
ka-la
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 03:30:53 pm »

I can say that porting will not be easy. If I make just like "Port Vista Style" you get lot of errors and things in start menu. But I managed to fix them actually. also other problems. Like taskbar buttons etc... . Ive made almost perfect vista VS for win7.
Pychon
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 03:59:39 am »

Just uploaded the Windows 7 msstyle i was working with.

As for porting, the only thing that needs to be replaced is the stream (may need to be fixed) file and the modified images (may need to be fixed) for square corners. I think i goofed on the taskbar buttons, but the only modifications i made there were trimming the round corners to corners, nothing else is touched. Basically, it's Aero without ROUND edges... all the TM features are default (ie, ORB)  i'm sure you fellas get the point. 
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 04:14:43 am by Pychon » Logged
Pychon
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 01:57:06 am »

Just curious if anyone is willing to convert the Vista "corner" style over to Windows 7. If someone is currently working on one... great Cheesy   Love to see the end result, please keep it original and basic Smiley
Pychon
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 09:59:31 am »

uploaded the correct W7 msstyle i was working on.
Pychon
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 05:17:34 am »

any suggestions on how I can fix the corners displaying the "gap"? also how to slim down the borders and header (title)?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: