Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Save Dialog Background different from PopUpGutter ?  (Read 9621 times)
leafleaf
Beginner

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2013, 04:04:36 am »

Hello!  Cheesy

Here's the problem. Right now my theme has dark Popup menu ↓

I found that the PopUpGutter image (highlight in red) also used in save dialog background too! (the example below taken from Photoshop's)
But my theme is light-coloured, so it looks ugly like this ↓

Anyway to fix this?
Actually, there is a thread about this already at →  http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1789.0
and some user mention about editing the shellstyle.dll,
but that's the problem (if this method is actually works) I don't know what & where that I should edit.

Thanks a bunch!  Cheesy
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 02:31:57 pm »

1) When you select Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Menu > PopUpGutter you see this in the status bar:

Menu(#211)inherits from MenuStyle(#18), part#13, state#0

which means it's Class is Menu, it's Part is 13, it's State is 0

2) So you open up the UIFILE in the shellstyle.dll in Shell > NormalColor in your Theme folder with a Resource Editor like Restorator 2007 or Resource Hacker and look for Menu, 13, 0

3) You'll find some of these entries:  background="themeable(dtb(Menu, 13, 0), buttonface)"

This is a DrawThemeBackground function. It says to draw the theme background from the PopUpGutter image in the msstyles or if that isn't available then use Fonts&System Metrics >BTNFACE:COLOR instead

4) You can either change these background locations to something else within the function or just change them to something like background="buttonface"

EDIT/ I went ahead and attached a shellstyle which makes the background Fonts & System Metrics > BTNFACE:COLOR (green in this picture):

Replace the old one in the Shell folder in your theme folder with this. Don't forget to restart Explorer or reboot.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 12:56:18 pm by 3am » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 09:42:03 pm »

Just in case you are doing this yourself:

1) The dtb() function is used only if you are using an image ( in this case the one from PopUpGutter)
2) The themeable dtb() is only used if you use an image and want to include a back-up from Fonts & System Metrics in case the image isn't available  ( in this case BTNFACE:COLOR)
3) You could use background="dtb(Menu, 13, 0)" if you didn't want a backup  or even just background="buttonface" (as long as this is a property from Fonts & System Metrics)

Let's say you didn't want to use an image but the fillcolor from Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > Items View instead. Then you use the GetThemeColor or gtc() function and you have to include a Property ID:

background="gtc(ItemsView, 0, 0, 3802)" where 3802 is the Property ID for fillcolor or
background="themeable(gtc(ItemsView, 0, 0, 3802), buttonface)" if you want to use BTNFACE: COLOR  as a backup

Make sure you use the quotes and the parentheses and the rest of the syntax right or it won't work.

There's more on this here:

http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=215.0

The Property IDs are here:

http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1521.0

« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 10:02:55 pm by 3am » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: